10.07.2013

The Layered Look






We moved into our home on Valentines day 2013. In the few months that we have lived here, we have made a list of projects we want to tackle. I love finding treasures at Yard Sales, Salvation Army, and Craigslist.
Here is a quick and easy project that added a touch of uniqueness to our family room mantle. Everything except for the painting came from yard sales (vases), Salvation Army (Books), and Craigslist (shutters for $10). The shutters I got were weathered and pretty beat up. I sanded them down and painted them with Annie Sloane Chalk Paint (Paris Gray), which gave them a second life!

My grandmother had painted this small oil and I wanted to display it above our mantel, but it's not large so I liked the idea of layering it on the shutters to give it length and depth. The shutters are also great at any season to put a wreath or chalkboard art, or a mirror on top.


There are some other ideas for our mantle that I'm working on so stay tuned. Whenever I find things that I like I keep them on file on my Pintrest boards- come check them out.

2 comments:

  1. You're so good at this layered look- I really need to work on that and your mantle is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and think the shutters are such a good idea as it does as depth.

    ReplyDelete