1.02.2014

New Beginnings for 2014

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Years! Our family enjoyed sleeping in late, hanging out in pajamas and playing games. We had some family come into town, which was really nice and it was truly a great holiday. Now that it is a new year, it's time to set some goals. I really like setting goals. I've learned that creating different categories helps me stay focused on what I want to accomplish. Here are some categories that I've set for myself this year:
Education/ learn more about photography, and design
Home/ Organize closets, garden, upholster sofa
Health/ Exercise for 30 minutes (at least) four days per week
Finances/ Save money for girl's braces, and unexpected things
Work/ amazing blog posts three days a week
Spiritual/ take time everyday to serve someone

My husband and I decided on some home projects we want to work on together (and there is a lot to do since we moved into our home less than a year ago). We'll be doing:
building storage room shelving
starting the huge task of finishing our basement
painting and decorating our girls' rooms
working on our mud room closet
painting the risers on our stairs
Lots of trim work (crown, chair rail, wainscoting)
laundry room makeover
painting and tiling bathrooms
installing a tile kitchen back splash

Sooooo, we're a bit optimistic but we're looking forward to getting started. Really, what it comes down to is making every day count! By working a little bit each day I know I will see great results. You can check out how we are progressing by checking in! 

By the way, come back tomorrow for the reveal of our under the stairs play area we made for our girls. Can't wait to show you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment