4.23.2014

Girl's Tween Bedroom Week 4

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. My family and I got back last night from a great trip out to Salt Lake City area visiting my parents (who are serving a mission for our church) and family. Our girls had so much fun playing with cousins. It's always great to reconnect with family! 
Before I left on our trip, I was able to get some more things done on our daughter's tween bedroom makeover that I'm doing and linking to the ORC. I mentioned I wanted to DIY a headboard for her room and found these images helpful for the shape I am looking for the headboard. 
Lots of pattern.
pattern on pattern
little girls room
John Robshaw headboard fabric, chic kids room, kids headboard, crewel fabric, clarence house, fun kid's bedding
I really love John Robshaw style bedding and headboards- they are so fun and colorful. 
This is the shape the hubs and I cut last week and I'm getting really excited to start picking out fabric. Also, the room got some paint and stripes on one wall, so it's starting to look like a bit of a transformation. 
Here's a peak with the newly painted white walls and stripes with navy. I can't wait to show you more as this room comes together. I'll be giving a tutorial on how we made the headboard after the reveal. 

14 comments:

  1. I love headboards with an interesting shape. Can't wait to see what fabric you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see the headboard - looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the stripes and can't wait to see how the headboard comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous headboard inspiration - those fabrics are so good! I'm always a fan of stripes!! Good luck, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I better get a move on with this room. Your kitchen is looking amazing!

      Delete
  5. Those striped walls look awesome! I've got a DIY headboard on my plate right now too - too bad you don't live across the street so we could tackle our projects together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris- I didn't realize you were doing a tween room too! Your plan is beautiful and I love your headboard inspiration too. Yes, I wish we were neighbors then it would be fun to work together. Love your blog and style!

      Delete
  6. I just love those headboards too. My daughter already had an upholstered bed so it did not make sense for my redo. I do wish it was in one of those fab fabrics though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry for stopping over here. I hope it all comes out well for our headboard.

      Delete
  7. How have I not seen your blog before. It's absolutely delightful! i can't wait to see how this headboard turns out for the ORC. I've always wanted to make my own. Loving the shape you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks awesome!! I was hoping to get to a headboard in addition the canopy I've started for my daughter's room, but not sure it's in the cards... Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shape of your headboard. I am a huge John R. fan, too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm so glad you do this challenge. It's really exciting to see what everyone is doing.

      Delete