10.09.2014

One Room Challenge: Laundry Room Makeover, Week 2

Thanks for all your kind comments about the plan of our laundry room makeover last week. This week was not a huge amount of progress in the room. I better get on it! I have researched fabrics and affordable wallpaper and stencils this week. I'm entertaining the idea of framing out wallpaper on our back wall and found this one at an affordable price. It's from Laura Ashley and I love it!
                                                              Summer palace powder blue
                             I think framing it on the back wall would look pretty. What do you think?
I've also been 'shopping my house'. I remembered when we moved into our home we took down the original chandelier from the dining room and put up a different light. This chandelier was silver and then I painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint (Paris Gray). However, I might be giving it a pop of color soon.
This coming week we'll be taking down the wire shelves and installing new shelving. Also on the agenda this weekend is painting!! Hopefully, I'll have more progress to show next week. Thanks for stopping by. You can see the progress of 20 amazing designer/bloggers and other bloggers like me who are in the challenge. There is a ton of inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of framing the wallpaper! It is so much more affordable than doing the entire room. I have been thinking of doing the same for a wall in my breakfast nook. Excited to see where you take this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think framing wallpaper will be more affordable too. How neat you have a breakfast nook! Thanks for stopping by Jennifer. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous wallpaper and I also like the idea of stenciling. There are some great patterns out there now and I adore them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think framing that wallpaper will look great. Looks like you are making good progress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wallpaper. Looks like you have some great things around your home. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wallpaper! Awesome!!!
    Shelia @ House of Highlands

    ReplyDelete
  6. that wallpaper will look darling! Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete