1.17.2014

Design Inspiration Friday: Kitchen Counter Stools

I am starting a series for my Friday posts titled Design Inspiration Friday. I really like the idea of one day a week focusing on a different topic of design or furniture so let's get this party started!

Since we moved into our home I've been trying to decide what I will do about our bar stool situation in the kitchen. We don't have matching counter stools currently and I haven't been in a rush to buy anything yet. I guess I'm still working on whether I want a punch of color or more of a neutral look. Do you feel that it takes some time to debate about a piece of furniture too? I rounded up some inspiration for us. 
Warm Colors
I really love the look of these Parisian bistro style stools with their geometric design. 
kitchen
gorgeous blues and golds in this kitchen + dining room
Blue chairs or stools with a matching blue counter base has a wow effect.
kitchen
Color is always a great option.


island and stools // kitchen by mick degiulio
white surround + black island cabinets
Barefoot Contessa barn kitchen 
Simplicity is always classic.
Henry Walker Crestpointe Model Home. Interior Design by Alice Lane Home Collection.   (kitchen, barstools, counter stools, white kitchen, open concept)
color
I decided to not even look at anything upholstered since I know what that would look like in a week with young kids. No thank you! What I need is a counter stool that is practical and wipe-able for children. I really like to look at Craigslist for awhile before I go out and buy a piece of furniture. On Craigslist you can find something unique for a good deal or paint some bright color over a chair that needs updating. Have you found the perfect counter stool for your kitchen? 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the barstools in the first image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some retro stainless steel and vinyl stools at Goodwill on a fluke. They cushions are bright yellow and make me happy every time I look at them. Especially since they were only $20!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky duck! Don't you love getting furniture for a great deal?

      Delete
  3. I totally go back and forth about neutral vs colored furniture too. I love bright colored bar stools in otherwise neutral spaces. But then again I'm really loving the look of the camel colored leather in one of those pictures! I'm sure either way you'll find something fab!

    ReplyDelete