2.21.2014

Design Inspiration Friday: Art In The Bathroom

::
                                                   via
Don't you love something to look at when your in a bathroom? Bathrooms have such potential to be a serene or inspirational space. I tend toward the nautical look when it comes to bathrooms, and I really enjoy a gallery wall look in there too. I'm still working on our navy powder room with some art and thought I would give us all some pretty images to get inspired.
Benjamin Moore "Calypso Blue"
                                                   via
House of Turquoise: Jules Duffy Designs | bathroom
                                           Jules Duffy
powder room
                                                  via
The only problem with this bathroom is if you have littles- don't you think this might be hard to keep things in working order and clean with images and prints that low? However, I do love how it's a mixed gallery throughout.
gorgeous blues
                                                  via
Plates? Yes please! I think of plates like art so they can go on any wall in almost any space.
bathroom by Trisha Brink Design
                                            via
Tropical bathroom, shells on shelves. Easy to #DIY, and looks stylish! #HomeDecor #Interior #Decoration
                                                           via
Powder Rooms with Pizzazz, from Elle Decor.  Ornamentea uses a similar approach in their ladies'.  Makes me wish I had a room to try this on, esp. with the library book sale coming up next week.
                                                   Elle Decor
           I love how all these prints are used like wallpaper- this is amazing!
coastal living
                                                           Tim Clarke 
                                      This one is super serene and classy. 
Navy bathroom with artwork
                                                  via
You can't go wrong with a classic navy and a collection of images.
Have you put any inspiring images in your bathrooms? Do tell.

2 comments:

  1. The powder room on our main floor was very plain and the toilet is opposite the basin (and opposite the mirror - hmmm). The wall behind the toilet was so bland so I put a shelf above it and then placed a few decorative items on the shelf. I have a picture frame, a blue mason jar and a little white bunny at the moment. I switch out the picture all the time to change it up. For the last year I had some free printables from Emily at Jones Design Company rotating through the frame (if you sign up for her newsletter you get access to her free printables archive - the prints I used are called summer essentials, winter essentials, spring essentials and fall essentials - they are watercolour paintings by her). Right now, I have a different Spring themed free printable in there. Long answer but I can't leave without saying how much I love that blue striped bath up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, the bathroom is where a lot of people spend a lot of time organizing their thoughts, whether while lounging in the tub, having a nice hot shower, or otherwise. So I think it’ll be great if it was beautifully designed, so that they have something to focus on while doing so. Actually, it’s quite hard to choose which among them stands out the most, but the one design by Tim Clarke really amazes me. It’s just simple, yet refreshing. What do you think?

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing and Drain Cleaning Ltd.

    ReplyDelete