3.07.2014

Design Inspiration Friday: Thinking Green

My apologies for the lack of posts this week. We had kids home from school on some snow days and school projects due and well you know... busy life. I'm getting excited for the prospect of warmer weather and I've been thinking about plans for landscaping and gardening. Our yard doesn't have a lot of variety yet and I can't wait to do some planting in the spring. I'm really going to focus on planting perennials since they are the best investment for a yard. Here are some perennial plant and gardening inspirations that are helping me have a plan for our yard.
Blue hydrangeas, boxwood, and white impatiens
                                                 via

Since I grew up in New England, I have a love for hydrangeas. I planted a handful of them last spring when we moved in, but I love this image with boxwoods in front.
Landscaping ideas
                                                 BHG
pea gravel and stone path
                                                     via
Boxwoods are another favorite, since they do well in most areas and stay evergreen- they always look great.
boxwood globes
                                           via
Don't let this little beauty fool you -- though it's small, lily-of-the-valley packs a big fragrance in its nodding white or pink bell-shape flowers. It's a tough, low-care groundcover you can practically plant and forget in shady spots.
                                                    BHG
Who doesn't want pretty smelling perennials? I'm also going to plant Lilly of the valley this year- they are so pretty.
 wall trellis ... wire pattern
                                                  via
wow!
                                          via

DIY Garden Pyramids
                                     via
These pyramids would be fun to D.I.Y.
Small garden
I hope you have a lovely weekend. This week I have some fun projects to show you and my first giveaway- so come back!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely round up of garden inspiration pictures! I think pinned half of them at least. :)

    ReplyDelete