10.23.2014

One Room Challenge- Week 4

Hi everyone. This week has been busy with our laundry room makeover (lots of painting). I'm also teaching at a Craft Night tonight so I've been working on a lot of projects lately (more on that later). Our laundry room is coming along. You can catch up with what I've been doing so far in:

I started working on making my chandelier fancy with some beads. I wish it looked like this picture, but alas it's not there yet. I'm repainting the chandelier (that came with our house) and I'm using wood beads to give it a natural look. 

I painted the walls Benjamin Moore 'wickham gray'. It's a beautiful color because it looks almost pale blue/gray on the walls. I think it will pair nicely with white cabinets and the board wall white. 
Benjamin Moore "wickham gray".  One of the prettiest colors ever!!     love this color
I started a coat of Benjamin Moore White Dove on the boards and quickly realized in this room it will look too creamy. Our laundry room has no windows for natural light so I want the white in here to look clean and fresh. So I'm off to buy some white paint!  Above the boards I will be putting up these hooks and hanging art with hangers (perfect for a laundry room).
The cabinets that my husband and I are making are looking great. 
The door faces are built and we'll be assembling all of it this week (along with painting them). There are still a lot of things to finish for this room like get a rug and fabric and art work, but it's looking like an improvement already with paint! Thanks for stopping by. Go check out what all of the other linking participants are doing and the 20 fabulous designers are doing in their rooms. Everyone in these groups are doing something inspiring for sure!

11 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I love the board wall and am really excited to see the chandelier finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wall panelling and I'm so excited to see your art on hooks come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. This room will look great once we get things put up like cabinets and a finished chandy. Hopefully, next week will look better.

      Delete
  3. Looking good!! Where did you find your hooks? I need some for my ORC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my hooks at IKEA. Glad you're in the ORC Beth!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see the before and after of the beaded chandelier! And the paint color and paneling are awesome. Looks like you've got most of the grunt work done and now it's the fun part of putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like there is actually lots more to do, but it's shaping up. And now I need to figure out this chandelier! Thanks for your encouragement.

      Delete
  5. Tracy, it's going to be so pretty! I've been sample several white paints. Funny how the ones I thought would be bright ended up being too creamy too. Think I found a winner for me, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even consider white paint to be tricky until now! Which one are you using? I think I might use BM China white.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea to give your chandelier a makeover, can't wait for that!! And, making your own cabinet, so impressive, you two! :) It's looking great Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you are a great cheerleader. Thanks for your encouragement. I think it's coming together. We're onto priming and painting the cabinets now so they'll be up this week. Fingers crossed.

      Delete