4.02.2015

ORC: Master Bedroom Makeover Plan

I'm excited to join Linda's One Room Challenge again! This is not a competition but a six week
challenge to push yourself to finish a room. Here are a couple of my other rooms I've done in the past:
                               Tween daughter's room                            Laundry room
For those of you who are coming over from Linda's site, let me introduce myself. I live in Maryland near
horse country and the Potomac river. My husband and I like to work on DIY projects together and we
have four girls. I love classic styles and pops of color. I love being a mom, running, baking and making
our home feel welcoming and happy.

The room I chose to work on is our master bedroom. Aka: The room on the back burner. We've lived in
our home for two years and the only big thing we did was to paint the walls. I did get some new curtains at
Marshall's awhile back too. When we moved in we got a King bed and some new white bedding.  Here's
the room in it's state right now.
See what I mean about back burner? Why do we have the kid's electric piano in here? The double doors
lead to our bathroom.
We've had this dresser for a long time. Last year I finally changed out the wooden knobs, but I think this
dresser might look better if I de-glossed it and took off the stain.
                                                      Don't you love this nice blank slate?



Master Bedroom Makeover Plan

headboard   lamp  chair  dresser  bench  pillow

We have our work cut out for us if we're making a headboard, bench and changing the look of the dresser. A gallery wall of black and white family pictures would be nice too. This will be fun! Please come back on Thursdays to check on the progress of the room. Also, don't miss the other twenty designers who will not disappoint to inspire you. 

10 comments:

  1. love the mood board! excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vel! I'm excited to finally work on the master bedroom and hope I can make it feel more personal.

      Delete
  2. I made a headboard for our guest room and its really much easier than I imagined it being. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made a headboard for our daughter's room and it was much easier than I thought it would be too. I can't wait to have one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Loving your plans! Looking forward the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tranquil feel! Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The paint color we have up is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh Paladian Blue and all that gorgeous natural light....your room is already so pretty Tracy! Can't wait to see you implement all your great ideas in this space. Love the idea of deglossing the dresser and having it be more au natural, also the black and white and hint of coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you are so nice. I can't wait to make this room feel more personal and decorated. Hope you and your family had a great Easter.

      Delete