4.16.2015

Master Bedroom: One Room Challenge Week 3

It's week three and the half way mark for the One Room Challenge. You can see my design plan and week two. There is still so much to do. Acckk! There are several DIY projects we're working on and those take awhile, but somehow I know it will all get done. Here's the low down:
This week, I switched out our lamps for these tall beauties. I scored these awhile ago at a thrift store andI had painted them yellow and recently I painted them a gray. What do you think? Should I keep them gray or give them a pop of coral? I also got a great deal on the lampshades at Target. They had all their lampshades on sale the other day, so if you need something like that, you'll find a good price. I also got some beautiful baskets on sale at JoAnn's. These side tables are also really old. Steve's grandfather gave them to us and they were looking pretty shabby but with a little paint and fixing they make the perfect side tables.
This week we cut out the shape of our headboard.  It will get covered and hung this week. Anyone can make this headboard and I'm excited to show you how we did it.

Also, this week the hubs made shadow boxes. I haven't determined if we will be putting three of these with shells above our bed or on another wall. I'll post soon how these were made.

                        The dresser is getting de-glossed and lime waxed and it's looking good.
Here are some of the fabrics I will be using for pillows. The blue toile print is a beautiful Pottery Barn quilt I will probably use at the bottom of our bed (we've had this for awhile). I still need to get fabric to lengthen the curtains.
Lansdale Bouquet in Spring, 173070. http://www.fschumacher.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=173070 #Schumacher
I also ordered a pillow from this Etsy store with this gorgeous Schumacher fabric. Love! That's it for me this week. Off to work on some projects! Thanks for checking in with the progress of our room. I will be posting all tutorials soon. Go check out more amazing bloggers who are doing the ORC, they will be showing their progress too.

9 comments:

  1. Looking good, those lamps are great! Cant wait to see the headboard, that is one project I am excited to do at our house one day too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these thrift store lamp goodies too. I'll post how we made our headboard soon too. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. oh i can't wait to see that dresser! and the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects, Tracy! Love your fabrics and that pretty floral pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working on the fabrics and hopefully everything will come together quickly! Thanks Pam!

      Delete
  4. Tracy, the scale of your new lamps is great! Maybe wait until you have all the fabrics in the room to decide on whether to paint them or not? Such pretty fabrics by the way, they will look beautiful with your wall color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you are so nice! I think I will wait on the painting of the lamps too, since I'm really liking the gray paint on them right now.

      Delete
  5. I love all the elements and am excited to see them all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lamps. I agree with Lisa's idea to keep the lamps gray for now until you get in all the fabrics. If those are in place and you think the room needs a little more color- then you can redo the lamps.

    ReplyDelete