4.02.2014

We Made It To Round 3 of CWTS


THANK YOU to all of you who voted for our Color Block Hutch! I am thrilled to be the top three of the Creating With The Stars Contest and to advance to the next round  I love how this beat up thrift store table went from blah to sleek with some paint, new hardware, oh, and a hutch to top it off. I definitely stepped out of my painting "comfort zone" for this project but I absolutely love the way it turned out. I used four different blues in the cubbies to create a unique look. I love how the blues play together to create a fun color-block look. 


I'll be giving a full tutorial on East Coast Creative's blog on Saturday. Many thanks to my blogging mentor, Kate, from Centsational Girl who is amazing to work with and is ultra creative. Also, my dear husband Steve, gets some major brownies points as he helped me design and build the hutch and stayed up into the wee hours painting with me! 

What I love about this contest is that I'm getting some major projects done because there's a deadline. I had a friend tell me she should just tell her husband they made it into a contest so that they have to get things done too. I laughed so hard! I can't wait to show you my  UPCYCLE project that I'm working on for this week. The contest is down to six people so all the projects will be up for another round of voting on Monday. 

What do you think: would you try a color block style shelf in your home? 

18 comments:

  1. Wahoo! So excited for you :)
    Great job you guys! Excited for your up cycle project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting- top 3?!?! Wow, you're doing such a fantastic job!! Cant' wait to see the upcycle for next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trisha! I am excited and busy working on the next project. Can't wait!

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Love your hutch and all those beachy colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! We love it too and it's nice to have a place to put some extra things to store away.

      Delete
  5. WOO HOO!! I knew that was yours!! I don't know how you're all doing this, but it's so much fun following along! Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you are super supportive! We have been 'burning the midnight oil' almost every night to get these projects done! Its been an eventful two weeks and I'm working on the next project now. I can't wait to show you the next one! Thanks for cheering me on!

      Delete
  6. Tracy! So happy for you! You are a rockstar in this competition and I can't wait to see what you're up to next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you for cheering me on! The past two weeks have been busy and now I'm into my third project. It's so hard not to share with everyone, but I guess you'll have to come back on Wednesday to see which one is mine.

      Delete
  7. I knew that was yours! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Tracy! You and Steve have done amazing on all of the projects so far. I really love the hutch. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just GORGEOUS Tracy! I absolutely LOVE it! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to se the next project Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my pick! Congrats on making it to the top three, Tracy. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! My next project will be up for voting on East Coast Creative's blog on Monday. Fingers crossed you like it!

      Delete
  12. I have come to explore your blog after seeing your projects on East Coast Creative. You have amazing talent and I love your "Baby Blues Hutch" project. Finding life in cast-off furniture pieces is the ultimate form of recycling and your vision is inspiring. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thanks for making my day and coming over to my blog. I can't wait to show you my next project on Monday on East Coast Creative's blog.

      Delete