6.27.2014

Design Inspiration: Stripes


love the striped walls
Happy Friday! Today I'm over at Marty's blog, A Stroll Thru Life showing some of the rooms in our home. Stop on over to see some updated pictures and say hi. Marty has one creative and inspirational blog!

 Also, today I'm sharing my love of stripes. For me stripes are timeless, classic and even patriotic. 
Red White and Blue living room
Sweet boys room!
Why stripes work in any room: Stripes can be neutral and play well with other patterns such as florals, checks, and geometric. They can be also be bold and bright. Stripes on the floor, upholstery, walls or rugs look great.  
Stripes!
mix it up.
What a wow effect: bold stripes on the ceiling!
{décor inspiration | interior designer : nick olsen} by {this is glamorous}, via Flickr
I love this racer stripe down the chair!
diagonal stripes
Laundry Room
               source
A small bold striped rug looks great in this coastal laundry room.
                         rainbow stripe painted floor
                                                                           source
                      Would you be bold to paint your floor in stripes? I would like to give it a try.

 There are so many ways to add stripes to your home. What about you? Do you have stripes in your home?

3 comments:

  1. A little stripe adds such a bold punch to a room. I love stripey Dash & Albert rugs. I would paint my living room/dining room floors (which are in terrible shape) in a heartbeat if my husband was on board!! I love that last photo and have been inspired by it for eons. So fun and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crazy about stripes. I liked the home tour on 'A stroll through life' blog- your home is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these inspiration pics and I'm off to check out your post on Marty's blog!

    ReplyDelete